Quitting smoking is a major victory over an addiction. Time to celebrate.
A milestone is a way of marking how far you’ve come in your quit smoking plan. When you reward yourself for your achievements, no matter how small, you’ll feel more motivated to stay smoke free.
Track your progress and plan daily, weekly and monthly celebrations.
Here what other smokers have done to celebrate:
- Start a money jar. Put all the money you save from not buying cigarettes into the jar and spend it on something special.
- Exercise. Spend some of your savings to join a fitness club or start a hobby or new activity.
- Buy some flowers. As your sense of smell returns, you will love the fresh scent of flowers.
- Visit a special place. Go for a walk on the beach or in your favourite park.
- Plan a trip to a place you’ve never been.
- Pamper yourself at home. A delicious meal, a bubble bath? What makes you feel special?
The hard work you put into quitting deserves to be celebrated. What are you waiting for?